Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Our last day in Australia -- A day to trek

Since no one needed to talk with either Bill or me at the Uni today, Miriam took us trekking ... and wow, what an experience.

First, we headed to New England National Park which is a rainforest. For those of you who haven't visited a rainforest, I hope the pictures will give you an idea of the beautiful green colors, the different types of trees, moss fern and some flowers. To reach the rainforest, we had to cross this stream that had come over the bridge.





This was one of the outlooks before we started our steep ascent into the rainforest. That's a white mist fog that is behind us ... no view.ll













This was a waterfall that we walked behind.







Next, we drove on to Cathedral Rocks National Park. We saw these roos as we were driving into the park.











See that rock in the distance .... that's cathedral rock .... that's where we are headed and yes, we have to crawl over those boulders. Carl, Shan, and Winter better be impressed. The pic below is taken almost at the top of cathedral rock.







Working our way back down.


Here we are back down off the boulders.


Miriam and Bill are next to a huge, beautiful fern.



Taking a break by the stream before we head back to the car to head home. I think I used muscles I didn't know I had but I'm sure I'll feel them tomorrow as we fly back home. I'm hoping I can make it in the airport.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:New England National Park and Cathedral National Park

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very neat! Can't wait to see more when you get home.

Is this an app? I downloaded a couple of apps to journal on our next trip and bought a keyboard for my mini. Plan to do a lot of journal in route this time.

Cathy